Delta UV ES-80 UV SystemWhat is a UV system and how do they work?
The sun emits invisible light - ultraviolet light. Through leading edge technology, this natural phenomenon is reproduced inside the sanitizers of the Delta UV product range using powerful UV-C ray lamps. At 254 nanometers, the optimum wavelength for destroying micro-organisms (viruses, bacteria, algae, yeast, mold, etc.), Delta UV-C rays penetrate and disrupt their DNA, permanently deactivating germ cell metabolism so they cannot reproduce.
The effectiveness of type C ultraviolet rays as a means of sanitization has been known for more than a century. It has been used in various applications such as for drinking water purification, aquaculture, fish farming, and in hospitals and the pharmaceutical industry. After filtration, water circulates through the Delta UV Sanitizer for complete disinfection - bacteria, viruses and algae are completely deactivated without side effects or dangerous by-products. This process results in the cleanest and purest water possible for your pool, and drastically reduces your need for chemical products. As it is not possible to build a pool where 100% of the water passes through a filter, you will still need to maintain a small residual of chemicals in your pool in order to destroy any micro-organisms that do not find their way into the UV sanitizer.
Delta UV ES-80 System Specifications:
- Input: 110 Volt Plug (Plugs into a standard outlet)
- Max Flow Rate: 80 Gallons per minute
- Max Pressure: 40 PSI
- Performance in millijoules per cm2 at actual recommended flow rates: 30mJ/cm2
- ES Series-special 8 PVC Plastic with Stainless Steel reflective Inner Wrapper and Mirror Polished Stainless Steel Outer Wrapper
- Ballast: Electronic
- Lamp: High Output
- Low Pressure (13,000 hrs.)
- Dry Fire Protection: Yes
- Pressure Gauge: Yes
- Indoor/Outdoor Installation: Yes
- Limited Warranty: 3 Years ES-Series (1 year bulb)
- Plumbing options : 2 PVC Unions
- Dimensions: 8" Diameter X Approximately 39" Height
Delta UV ES-80 System Features:
- Drastically reduce chemical use
- Destroy the micro-organisms that chlorine and salt systems can't
- No nasty chlorine smell
- No more red eyes, dry skin or damaged hair
- Easier pool maintenance, simple, reliable
- Prolongs pool life
- Wont erode pool surface or equipment
- Environmentally friendly
- Compatible with all types of coatings and filters
- A treatment that can be automated with an existing chlorinator
How Can a UV System Save You Money?
- Drastically reduce the costs associated with chemical use
- Minimal ongoing expenditure (lamp replacement expected every 3 years for seasonal pools)
- Easy and quick installation and maintenance