Universal ColorLogic niches differentiate themselves from all other niches by providing incredible cost savings for new pool construction and simplicity for renovation projects.
Unlike metallic forming shells (niches), the UCL underwater lighting niches are injection-molded of PVC for superior performance, non-corrosive durability and plumbing versatility - plus the lowest installed cost. This unique shallow niche does not require a secondary dig and dedicated rebar light cage allowing you to save 1/3 yd. of gunite during the building process. In addition, the non-metallic design does not require bonding or grounding and uses PVC over expensive metal conduit. All of these features enable the UCL underwater lighting niches to offer faster installation time and huge bottom line savings in material and labor.
This UCL underwater lighting niche is for concrete/gunite pools. When paired with a Hayward Universal ColorLogic or CrystaLogic LED light fixture, you have the best quality and value in a lighting system available anywhere. The UCL underwater lighting niche Model LFGUY1000 is furnished with (2) conduit fittings (reducer and elbow/coupling) to allow for specific installation requirements.
Pool Light Niche Features:
- Niche for use with Universal ColorLogic and CrystaLogic Pool Lights in concrete pools.
- All plastic lighting system eliminates the need for bonding.
- Injection-molded PVC fixture housing for corrosion-free performance.
- Socket conduit connection designed for quick and simple gluing to PVC pipe.
- U.L. approved sweep elbow fitting, coupling and reducer included.
- All 1" outlets can quickly be converted to 3/4" with a U.L. approved reducing adapter (included).
- Internally-threaded connection for pressure testing of conduit line.
- Slim design eliminates the need for re-bar light cage or secondary dig installs.
- All plastic lighting system eliminates the need for bonding, grounding, GFCI and potter per the NEC code.
- Quick and easy no tool twist lock light installation.
- Deep and large plaster ledge makes it easier to get a great bond using any plaster.
- Unique mounting flanges make it simple to secure the niche anywhere in the re-bar during installation.
- Unique installation design, allows for cord exit to be configured at any 90 degree increment.
- Easy sealing with included compression cord seal kit.