Paralon 2 is a Rubber Based pool paint that is easy to apply and is one of the most popular types of pool coatings on the market due to the fact that most pools were originally coated with a chlorinated rubber paint.
Paralon 2 is recommended when re-painting pools that was previously coated with a rubber based paint. It provides a soft satin appearance with a low sheen and has a high water resistance.
Paralon 2 Paint Features:
- Premium Grade Chlorinated Rubber-Based Paint
- High water resistance with a 2 to 3 year life expectancy
- Low sheen, with soft satin appearance
- Two finish coats of paint per application
- One of the most commonly used types of pool paint
- Each Gallon of Paralon 2 Paint will cover approximately 250 to 275 square feet of pool surface area.
- Pool Surface: White, Bikini Blue, Blue Ice, Blue Mist and Black
- The paint can be applied using either a paint roller or airless spray equipment.
- On previously uncoated, unusually porous, and or bare surface like concrete or plaster, a third coat may be necessary.
- As a general rule, you need to use the same type coating that is currently your pool if you are painting over an existing, painted surface. (i.e. epoxy over epoxy, rubber base over rubber base, acrylic over acrylic).