Pentair IntelliFlo VS-SVRS Pump 011017
The Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed pumps combine variable drive technology, onboard digital intelligence, and permanent magnet motors (used in hybrid cars) to reduce pump-related energy costs by up to 90%. The new IntelliFlo VS+SVRS model is the first swimming pool pump to feature a built-in Safety Vacuum Release System that detects drain blockage and automatically shuts the pump off.
An Eco Select Brand Choice: Standard pool pumps can consume as much energy as all other home appliances combined, often costing residential pool owners more than $1,000 per year! IntelliFlo pumps can typically cut energy use up to 90%, generally saving $620 to $1,360 in utility costs annually...more where rates are higher than average.*
Traditional pool pumps have offered a limited number of single-speed and two-speed designs. Their motor speeds are set and unchangeable. These set speeds are almost always higher than required, thereby overpowering the jobs they are assigned to do, which wastes energy. Whats more, these pumps rely on induction motors that are notorious energy hogs. In fact, even so-called energy-efficient pumps can cost more to operate than almost all other home appliances combined. Pump-related electric costs typically total hundreds of dollars per yearand often more than $1,000 in areas with the highest energy rates.
IntelliFlo VS-3050 Pump Features:
- 3 Horespower Variable Speed Pump
- SVRS model complies with Virginia Graeme Baker Safety Act
- Unlike other devices, the built-in SVRS protection with the IntelliFlo pump cannot be turned off.
- For added safety, if the SVRS becomes disabled, the pump will not run.
- Four function buttons to set / program exact pump speeds for specific operation - filtering, heating, cleaning, spa jets, water features and more - slashes energy costs up to 90%
- Speed adjustment buttons - you or your pool professional dial in the most efficient speed for each application
- Built-in diagnostics protect the IntelliFlo pump from the most common causes of premature failure - priming protection, overheating, freezing and voltage irregularities.
- Safety lock-out feature (password protected) on SVRS model prevents pump speed settings from being changed by unauthorized personnel
- Ability to set minimum and maximum speeds on SVRS model so IntelliFlo will only operate within the ranges set to help assure safe operation and long life
- Alarm status light - a sequence of blinks alerts you of conditions that may need attention
- Compatible with IntelliTouch, EasyTouch and SunTouch pool control systems
- NSF Certified, UL and ETL listed as an ASME A220.127.116.112 Device
- Includes IntelliTouch - IntelliFlo Communication Cable
- 230 Volts
IntelliFlo pumps are the first to use exclusive permanent magnet motor technology (used in hybrid cars), a fundamentally more energy-efficient design compared to traditional induction motors.
IntelliFlo pumps also include a variable speed capability, along with digital controls and proprietary software that allow custom programming of optimum pump speeds for specific tasksfiltering,
heating, cleaning, spa jets, waterfalls, etc. There are eight individual, adjustable speed settings at your command. For virtually all applications, the optimum speed will be lower than the preset, unchangeable speed of older pumps. You exploit a fundamental pump lawslow down the pump and power consumption is reduced. A good analogy is your car: you get much better mileage at 30 mph than 90 mph.
Programming the IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pump is as easy as setting the stations on your car radio. With the pump running, simply press the speed button assigned to the operation you want to manage. Then, just press the up or down button to increase or decrease the speed setting between 1100 RPM and 3450 RPM. Its that simple to optimize water flow for any application.
The IntelliFlo® VS+SVRS Variable Speed Pump is the first pump with an integrated Safety Vacuum Release System (SVRS) which provides an important layer of entrapment protection. Its built-in controller and proprietary software detect blockage of the drain and automatically shut the pump off. The IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pump meets ASME A18.104.22.1682 standards, thereby complying with new Federal legislation related to public pools (Virginia Graeme Baker Pool Safety Act), as well as a growing number of state and local statutes/codes for residential pools where entrapment protection measures are required.
*Savings based on comparison pump running between 6 and 12 hours per day at the national average of 15 cents/kilowatt hour in a 20,000 gallon pool. Actual savings may vary based on plumbing size and length, pump model, service factor, flow rates, and other hydraulic factors.
$50 - $600 IntelliFlo VS Rebate Inefficient pool pumps are considered a significant drain on energy and therefore a prime target for replacement with newer, more energy-efficient models. That's why a number of utility companies are offering rebate incentives to pool owners for the purchase of energy-efficient swimming pool pumps.
Below is a list of utilities offering rebates for purchase of an IntelliFlo VS variable speed pump. Please note, program dates and eligibility requirements are subject to change by the utility company without notice. See specific utility company website to verify program details and availability.