Sta-Rite System 2 Modular D.E. Filter PLDE48
Sta-Rite is proud to bring you the proven technology of System 2 Modular Media into the world of D.E. With its perfectly balanced flow and integral manifold design, System 2 Modular D.E. filter brings pool filtration to new heights. Modular Media D.E. will bring years of sparkling clear water to your pool or spa. For cleaning, simply remove the filter lid and hose off in place. No more hassle of tearing down the grid assembly for cleaning and servicing. The balanced flow design allows for a constant D.E. cake on the entire module, assuring full optimization of the module and longer cycles between cleanings.
A single replaceable grid delivers water of superior quality without the complex workings of other D.E. filters. This innovative one-piece design is fully backwashable and can be plumbed with or without a backwash valve. 2" union valves are included for installations electing not to use a backwash valve.
Diatomaceous earth, a natural substance, is so fine it traps dirt and debris as small as five microns (1/10 the width of a human hair). That means body oils, suntan lotions, pollens, dust and even some bacteria are trapped in the filter, leaving behind sparkling clear, healthier water.
The System:2 Modular D.E. filter removes dirt particles up to ten times smaller than the particles removed by sand and cartridge filters. Compared to other D.E. filters, the System:2 is far less complicated to service. If youre the do-it-yourself type, you save time. If you leave the maintenance to a pool service, saving time means saving money!
Less maintenance . . .YES! The balanced-flow tank design directs water through both sides of the filter module which increases dirt loading without clogging. Holding more dirt means a longer time between cleanings.
Easy, two-way cleaning - For quick cleaning, simply move the valve lever to the backwash positionthats it! For more thorough cleaning, remove the tool-free tank lid and spray-rinse the module while its still in place. In minutes, its ready for another season.
System 2 Modular D.E. Filter PLDE48 Features:
- 36 Square Foot Effective Filter Area
- Typical Installations In-ground pools and in-ground hot tubs.
- Durable two-piece tank housing constructed of rugged ABS thermoplastic to ensure a long-lasting tank life .
- Posi-Ring closure provides safer, easy access to the filter module.
- The small diameter footprint makes the System:2 filter a perfect fit for new and retrofit installations.
- Modular Filter Tanks Allows for quick change of filter medias without changing the tank.
- Top-mounted pressure gauge is conveniently positioned for easy reading Stands tough year after year.
- Dura-Glas, a high-density composite resin from Sta-Rite, will never corrode and weathers the elements.
- 50/50 split-tank design permits rinse-in-place cleaning. Fast in, fast out!
- 2 plumbing ports improve hydraulic flow for greater efficiency.
- Sleek, contemporary styling blends beautifully with any poolscape.
- Requires 7.2 pounds of D.E. (Sold Separately)
- NSF Certified
- Backwash Valve Sold Separately