Therm Products UVC-6H Series UV System
UV Sanitizing Systems are highly effective and kill all waterborne bacteria, viruses and parasites... including Cryptosporidium, E. coli, and Legionella. They reduce the need for chlorine or bromine is hot tubs by about 75% while maintaining a 3 ppm chlorine/bromine level... eliminating itchy skin and eye irritation.
How does a UV system work? Germicidal ultraviolet (UVC) light kills cells by damaging their DNA. The light initiates a reaction between two molecules of thymine, one of the bases that make up DNA. The resulting thymine dimer is very stable, but repair of this kind of DNA damage usually by excising or removing the two bases and filling in the gaps with new nucleotides is fairly efficient. Even so, it breaks down when the damage is extensive.
The longer the exposure to UVC light, the more thymine dimers are formed in the DNA and the greater the risk of an incorrect repair or a "missed" dimer. If cellular processes are disrupted because of an incorrect repair or remaining damage, the cell cannot carry out its normal functions. If the damage is extensive and widespread, the cell will die.
The Therm Products UV for pools uses a high-intensity, 13,000 hour, ultraviolet lamp. This all inclusive kit includes the fittings, clamps, and bonding wire.
- UV Sanitizing System for Pools
- Designed for easy aftermarket installations or replacement of existing system
- Conveniently plugs into a standard outlet
- Kills all waterborne bacteria, viruses and parasites
- Reduces chlorine/bromine usage by about 75%
- Low profile design that take up minimal room
- High-intensity, 13,000 hour, 30 watt, ultraviolet light
- Lamp emits 30mJ/cm2 dosage near end of life ensuring undiminished bacteria, virus, and parasite killing power of 99%
- Long life electronic lamp ballast
- Internal 316L stainless steel bracket ensures that the quartz shroud protecting the lamp will not distort or leak
- Can also be used in fish ponds, and water feature applications.
- Flow Rate: 33 Gallons Per Minute
- Watts: 30
- Overall Height: 18.19"
- Width: 9"
- Depth: 9"
- Inlet and Outlet Ports: 2" Slip Unions (can be reduced to 1.5" with reducer bushings)
- UL Listed