If there's a difficult to locate leak in your spa or hot tub, Fix-A-Leak is the product for you. Formulated specifically for spas and hot tubs, Fix-A-Leak is blended, concentrated material that will fill leaks in nearly any material and can be applied to leaks in the shell. It also works well inside hot tub plumbing.
- Seals holes 1/8 inch in diameter and smaller
- Creates a permanent seal
- Use 8 oz. of product/1,000 gallons of hot tub water for minor leaks. Add a second dose for larger leaks.
- Establish water loss over 24 hour period
- Fill to original level and mark the water line
- Remove all cartridges/filters
- Slowly pour Fix-A-Leak into the skimmer with the pump running
- Circulate water for 6-8 hours before shutting off
- Check water level the following day
- If level remains the same, the leak has stop
- Allow 48 hours before using again
- The manufacturer recommends not to use the spa until the leak is fixed and the product has been filtered out
- If the leak has slowed (but has not stopped entirely) you may add more product to increase the strength of the solution already in the spa
- Stir Fix-A-Leak in the spa with a soft broom to get back into suspension
- Fix-A-Leak will seal holes 1/8 inch in diameter. The product requires pressure to ensure it becomes impacted into the area of the leak. Leaks created by a crack in a pipe will most likely become sealed. The leak may reoccur due to vibration which will migrate in size, recreating the leak. Most spas are foam insulated and when saturated with water, will greatly delay the cure time of Fix-a-Leak. It's ideal to drain the spa, immediately wipe down the shell with a damp shell with a damp cloth to remove any product residue. Allow 3-5 days before refilling to allow the product for cure.